The CTT Node is an innovation that allows you to automatically localize LifeTag and PowerTags with a high degree of accuracy. For example, nodes can be placed at multiple nesting sites to detect presence or absence.
If deployed in a grid fashion, the nodes can operate as “reverse GPS”, providing near GPS accuracy.
The node uploads received tag detection data to base stations, including the SensorStation, creating a dense, high resolution tracking network. A large, high efficiency solar panel is coupled with an MPPT charge controller, allowing the node to keep its batteries topped off in many different lighting conditions. A high capacity battery also allows the node to be operated for a week without any sunlight.
In addition to reporting detected nearby tags with a precise timestamp, nodes also provide health information. This includes battery voltage and temperature.
Each CTT Node has a detectable range of about 250-300 meters, and is able to relay data to a CTT Base Station as far away as several kilometers. Each solution can be engineered to your needs, or you are welcome to create your own.
LifeTag Receiver Circuit
- Compatible with LifeTag and PowerTag
- Over 4 billion unique IDs
- High sensitivity receiver
- 100% digital system
- High power solar panel on top
- External antenna
- Waterproof, weatherproof enclosure
- Mounting strap for T post or conduit
- Records tag ID, precise time stamp and signal strength
- Efficiently buffers data before retransmitting
- Transmits temperature, battery and other statistics periodically
- CRC and two way verification
- Communicates with base stations, including SensorStation
- Attenuator for nest box detection
- Solar recharging with MPPT
- AC power